Wednesday, June 10, 2009

CHICKEN POX "A bad ending to a good vacation!"

Our last two day in San Diego Dylan was really fussy, and then Friday night he spiked a fever of 102.8. He hadn't been eating well or sleeping well and he developed a rash. His cousin Aubrey who went home on Wednesday was diagnosed with the swine flu, so I was worried. We took him to the ER at 3:00 am and he was negative for the flu, thank goodness. The Dr. just said it was a acute viral infection. Well he didn't get better and his rash got worse. I then put two and two together and realized that it was the chicken pox. Poor little guy, he has been miserable. A good vacation, bad ending!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shawna! Looks like you guys had a great time in california! I hope everything is going well for you guys and Dylan gets over the chicken pox! I have a blog now its bradyandcourtney.blogspot.com

Kim Lakko said...

Poor, little guy! I hope he is better! He sure is a cutie :)

Nate said...

poor Dylan, I can't hardly stand it. I hope he's feeling better! It looks like you had a blast on your trip with the family, I'm excited to hear more about it. I love all the pics of Dylan on the beach especially the barred one, good thinkin'.

Nate said...

that was posted by Cass, didn't realize I was in his account. My bad!