Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fun at the Beach

We spent this last week in La Jolla, California with my entire family! It was the first vacation that everyone was able to go on since we all lived at home together, which was a long time ago! We rented two beach homes and had 24 people, with 12 of those being children! My favorite day was when the guys went golfing and then the girls went and had pedicures and then went and made jewelry at the bead shop. Finishing off the day was swimming in the ocean. It was about 5:00 at night and it was high tide with huge waves. I just about died in two different waves. They pulled me under, dragged me and rolled me across the sand. The next day in the ocean was much better, the waves were a little calmer. I don't think I will try body surfing during high tide again.

I buried Dylan in the sand to keep him under control. It worked for awhile until he figured out how to get out.

Here is Peyton playing in the waves! The kids had so much fun!

Katelyn and Dylan enjoyed playing side by side stealing each others toys.

Whenever we left the beach, Dylan was covered head to toe in sand. I'm sure he ate plenty too.

1 comment:

CarbonElementaryMath said...

Yes, we all had a wonderful family vacation! I loved how Dylan played and watched the other babies. He certainly loved the sand! We were happy to have all the family at the beach. Thanks Shawna, Bryan, and Dylan for adding fun to our family.
Love, Mom