Monday, December 29, 2008

I can't believe how fast my little boy is growing up. He can now sit up all on his own and roll over. He now has two bottom teeth and is sleeping through the night. All those interupted nights are over. Dylan is such a joy in my life and I couldn't be happier. I love the lyrics to this song that starts off my blog page, they really make you want to live life and love it while we are living it.

I recently took care of a patient who in the last 6 months has become a paraplegic , had multiple surgeries, and illnesses. We never know what will happen to us or our family so we must enjoy every minute that we have with them. This is a lesson that I need to learn and really take to heart. With all the heartache in life, there is so much good to see and to be done. My biggest new years resolution is to live like I am dying and to enjoy the people around me and love life whether I am stuck at work, home sick, or out with my husband.

Happy New Year!


Dylan on his first plane ride.


Garrett the alien man!!


Carter in his sleigh


Family photo and Darrin's house


3 comments:

Cass said...

Dylan is getting so big, I guess it's been way to long since i've seen him. He is so cute! It's good to see Darrin and his cute family. Thanks for all your love and support these last couple of weeks. I just love ya.

CarbonElementaryMath said...

I love your updates! You guys are truly a handsome family. Dylan in the blue shirt...it really brings out his beautiful eyes. Love, MOM

*Welcome To Crazy* said...

Shawna!!! Your FAMILY is so cute!! Where are you living? You look beautiful!