Friday, January 29, 2010

Preparing for Valentines!

I have never made successful sugar cookies and I wanted to make good ones for Valentines, so I started practicing early thinking that it would take me awhile to find just the right recipe. I was surprised when the first recipe I found turned out just right. They were fairly easy, soft, and tasty. Here is the link where the recipe came from www.ourbestbites.com/2008/12/sugar-cookies.html
I have recently became a food blog junky and now for the first time ever my husband calls me a 'good cook'. I guess when you start off with tried and trued recipes from other successful cooks anything can happen. My favorite food blogs are: www.ourbestbites.com, mykitchencafe.blogspot.com, and sisterscafe.blogspot.com.


My sweet husband had these flowers delivered to me at home randomly last week! I do not give him the credit he deserves, so this is why I love him so much! He works so hard at his job to provide for us. I complain a lot that he works too much, but if he didn't he wouldn't be as successful and probably wouldn't have gotten the steady raises he has had even in a declining market. He is smart and so far has a 4.0 in his Master's program. He is a wonderful dad. He spends his every Saturday with Dylan while I work. My mom is constantly telling me that not many guys would do that and never complain. Dylan is constantly yelling "da da, da da" and will go and knock on the office door at our house hoping that his dad is there. Besides the word no, dada is the word most commonly spoken by Dylan. Bryan tickles my back almost every night before I go to sleep because he knows how much I love it and it helps me get to sleep. Bryan loves my parents and family just as much as I do and that means a lot. He is always sincere and kind to everyone and that is an attribute that is hard to find. I sure do not have it. Bryan has a great sense of humor and loves to make people laugh. Bryan married me in the temple and honors his Priesthood. I love knowing that our family is Eternal and that I will always have this man to brighten my day and light up my world. Thanks Bryan for all that you do for me and our little boy! I love you so much and wish I were better at telling you these things on a daily basis. I love you!

1 comment:

Charlie and Cassie said...

thanks for all the food links! my husband gets sick of eating the same old "stuff' all the time! haha Thanks girl!